"MÅNEDENS AKVARIE" Se denne måneds akvarie HER.

anthias

Forum for snak om fisk, bløddyr og lignende.
Besvar
Brugeravatar
Ronny
Rev haj
Rev haj
Reactions:
Postnummer: 6430 Nordborg
Geografisk sted: Nordborg, Danmark
Kontakt:

anthias

Indlæg af Ronny »

Nogen af jeg der har erfaringer med anthias?

Jeg overvejer at købe nogle, men har hørt at de er ret umulige at holde i live da de ikke vil æde.
mvh
Ronny Madsen
720 liter(160X75X60), 325 liter sump, 2X400 watt HQI 14.000 K + 2x80 watt T5. 8400 l/t retur samt 55000 L/t cirkulation, Profilux styring/dosering, Aquamedic TurboFlotor 5000, 100 mg/t Ozon, Kalkreaktor, Rowaphosfilter, Klimaanlæg.
Brugeravatar
Brian
Æresmedlem
Æresmedlem
Reactions:
Postnummer: 7171 Uldum
Saltvand siden?: 2001
Kontakt:

Indlæg af Brian »

Det har været oppe og vende før da jeg selv havde en interesse i nogle.

Hvad jeg har kunne finde ud af er at der bestemt er nogle som er til at holde. De kræver ofte fodring hvorfor nogle bruger en lille foderautomat på siden af baljen der sørger for dette. Dertil skal man sørge for at have flere hunner pr han.
Jeg så engang en komplet list på Reef Central over Anthias og deres sværhedsgrad - jeg skal se om jeg kan finde den til dig igen.

Men uden at du må hænge mig op på det vil jeg sige at det vist var noget med at jo flottere de er - jo svære er de !!

Men fede det er de !

Billede

Billede

Og der findes rigtig rigtig mange forskellige, se f.eks. her : http://www.saltcorner.com/sections/zoo/anthias.htm

Billede
Mvh
Brian

Startede saltvand i 2001, startede forummet i maj 2004, solgte 1300 liters baljen i 2009-10 og venter nu på bedre tid om XX antal år til at starte igen :)
Brugeravatar
Brian
Æresmedlem
Æresmedlem
Reactions:
Kontakt:

Indlæg af Brian »

Jeg fandt lidt mere til dig Ronny fra reefs.org :

Let's take a look at the anthias that I have found to be the most hardy. Unfortunately, not all of the easiest anthias to keep are not the most beautiful members of the subfamily. Oh well, you can't have it all!

Roughtongue Bass (Holanthias martinicensis) - Very deepwater. Very expensive. VERY HARDY! The Roughtongue Bass is a very durable fish that does best if kept in a dimly-lit tank at cooler water temperatures (55 to 74 F).

Bartlett's Anthias (Pseudanthias bartlettorum) - Beautiful and hardy anthias! This is one of the easiest anthias to keep in an aquarium. Although it is not a large species, it needs swimming room in the upper part of the aquarium. It will quickly acclimate to captivity as long as there are plenty of hiding places available and the aquarium dose not already contain aggressive fish species. This species is great for shallow and deep-water reef aquaria, but like all anthias it is important to feed it at least once a day. Unfortunately, like many of these fishes, it may lose its color...

Redcheek or Green Anthias (Pseudanthias huchti) - This is a hardy, aggressive anthias species. It is best to keep solitary individuals, unless you have a large aquarium.

Olive Anthias (Pseudanthias olivaceus) - This species is found in southeast Oceania (including Cook Islands, Austral Islands, Line Islands, Society Islands and Tuamotus). Although the Olive Anthias is not as highly sought after because it is somewhat chromatically challenged, this species is durable aquarium species that is occasionally collected in the Cook and Christmas Islands.

Red-Belted, Red-Girdled or Tricolor Anthias (Pseudanthias rubrizonatus) - This is a hardy and aggressive anthias species. It is best to keep solitary individuals, unless you have an X-large aquarium (e.g., 180 gallons or larger).

Lyretail Anthias (Pseudanthias squamipinnis) - This is a wide-ranging species that is common in the aquarium trade. It is highly variable in color - female are orange, males are usually purple. The Lyretail Anthias is a hardy and aggressive anthias species. It is best to keep solitary individuals, unless you have a large aquarium. If you want to keep a group, it should consist of one male and 8 or more females and should be housed in an X-large tank (e.g., 180 gallon tank or larger). Make sure the females you introduce are not undergoing sex change if they are to be housed with a male. During aggressive encounters, individuals will chase and nip at each other, or may even lock jaws.

Here are the anthias that I feel are the most difficult to keep, long term.

- Evan's Anthias (Pseudanthias evansi)
- Hawaiian Longfin Anthias (Pseudanthias hawaiiensis)
- Purple Queen Anthias (Pseudanthias pascalus)
- Yellowstripe Anthias (Pseudanthias tuka)
- Longfin Anthias (Pseudanthias ventralis)

Any species I did not mention feel somewhere between hardy and difficult.. Your best bet to successfully keep these fishes is to add them to a tank that is connected to very productive refugium. Live or frozen mysid shrimp will also increase your chances of success with these fishes.

Well, we could talk for hours about these wonderful fishes, but I think I better call it quits for now so we can engage in a little Q and A. If you have a specific questions about particular anthias species, I would be happy to try and answer them.

What anthias is best suited to captivity?

I would say the lyretail or redbelted. They both settle in well and eat most aquarium foods with gusto.

How big a tank should the anthias be in? like the lyretail for example.. and are any species relatively easy to breed?

I think that C-Quest has had some luck with the lyretail, in the way of breeding but they need plenty of room to engage in courtship and spawning. I would say that you could keep one anthias in a tank as small as 30 gallons.

Do you have any "Tricks" for getting difficult anthias to begin feeding?

Live food Putting difficult to feed species with species that are easy to feed. They sometime learn to feed - social facilitation. Mysid shrimp, even frozen, seems to be eaten with gusto by many species and, as I mentioned, a refugium is a great way to consistently provide them with palatable, nutritious fare.

What is the population state of these animals in the wild are they threatened in any way and what(if you happen to know)collection methods are being used?

Hmmmm good question. I am unaware of any species that are in endangered as a result of collecting for the aquarium trade. The Banggai cardinalfish was a fish that I was originally worried about due its limited distribution but we have since found in northern Sulawesi. It was accidentally introduced there by a fish collector and the population is really taking off!

What size q tank is recommended? Reason I ask is due to fish size and room - does it matter and what do you put in the qtank for the animal?

You need a hiding place. I use pvc pipe. Size - for anthias about 20 gallons is fine. Could even go smaller if you have a single fish at a time. You need adequate biological filtration and a heater of course.

Are cuttlefish predators of Anthias?

YIP! So are longnosed hawkfish! I have seen several cases where these hawkfishes eat juvenile anthias in the wild! Hard to believe but true. I LOVE CUTTLEFISH!

Scott, any hints on keeping the purple queen anthias? I love the color but worry about getting them to eat.

I would avoid it. If you are intent on keeping it, you will need a very productive refugium. Or, if you can feed it live mysid shrimp several times a day you may have some success. They are very prone to color loss as well.

What about fat head anthias (Serranocirrhitus latus)?

GREAT FISH! Needs good hiding places. Placid tankmates. A place with light foot traffic, at least until it fully acclimates and a nutritious diet! They are wonderful fish that usually occur in pairs or trios in caves and under ledges. Occasionally, in certain areas, you will find small groups.

What is the range of Anthias in the wild? do they stay in one area, or roam over (say) 100s of meters daily?

They usually stay in a relatively small area. The size of the male's territory is a function of the female density and can range from about 5 to 32 ft (0.5 to 3 m) in area. This is for the lyretail anthias. Some move over larger areas, like the squareblock, but still not as large an area as a emperor angelfish, etc.

Please define a 'professional aquarist'?

Anyone that actually gets paid to clean algae off of glass
Mvh
Brian

Startede saltvand i 2001, startede forummet i maj 2004, solgte 1300 liters baljen i 2009-10 og venter nu på bedre tid om XX antal år til at starte igen :)
Brugeravatar
Ronny
Rev haj
Rev haj
Reactions:
Postnummer: 6430 Nordborg
Geografisk sted: Nordborg, Danmark
Kontakt:

Indlæg af Ronny »

takkerBrian
mvh
Ronny Madsen
720 liter(160X75X60), 325 liter sump, 2X400 watt HQI 14.000 K + 2x80 watt T5. 8400 l/t retur samt 55000 L/t cirkulation, Profilux styring/dosering, Aquamedic TurboFlotor 5000, 100 mg/t Ozon, Kalkreaktor, Rowaphosfilter, Klimaanlæg.
Brugeravatar
Brian
Æresmedlem
Æresmedlem
Reactions:
Kontakt:

Indlæg af Brian »

Jeg kan se at Klovnfisken har 5 stk. Pseudanthias dispar(Dispar anthias) for 200 kr imorgen på tilbud - du skal jo selv derover ;)

Det skulle dog ikke lige være den nemmeste af slagsen.

Gad vide hvad der ville være godt at få dem til at spise? Måske noget cyclop eeze der er fint og spreder sig i vandet så de kan nappe det ??

Men flot er den :

Billede
Mvh
Brian

Besvar

Tilbage til "Fisk og bløddyr"