"MÅNEDENS AKVARIE" Se denne måneds akvarie HER.

koral foder og opskrifter

Forum til snak om foder til fisk og koraller
Besvar
ole kekkonen
Rev haj
Rev haj
Reactions:
Postnummer: 5960 Marstal
Saltvand siden?: 1990

koral foder og opskrifter

Indlæg af ole kekkonen »

sakset fra reefitalia
Also called the blue coral method and involves: the classic Berlin Method, good water chemistry, and the pappone(coral) feedings.
Materials:

5 Oysters
5 Mussels
5 Clams
5 Shrimp (NOT cocktail shrimp, the big scampi type w/o the head and the shell)
1 Tablespoon of Sugar (not corn syrup, etc.)
200 mL of RO/DI water
10 g of Red Algae (Palmaria mata; Bisck uses Julian Sprung's brand)
and/or 10 g of Spirulina, 10 g of Nori (spirulina is what Bisck prefers)

Methods: Make SURE that all ingredients are the freshest possible and DO NOT use frozen foods (unless it is impossible for you). Make sure everything "live" is rinsed and cleaned before putting it into the blender. Put all the ingredients into the blender and blend for 5 min, wait 2 min for it to cool, 5 more min blending, 2 min of waiting again, then finally another 5 min of blending (the pausing is so that the solution doesn't get too hot and "cook" from the heat of the blender/blades). Pour into cube forms (approx 10 mL each). Then freeze it all—you want to minimize how long everything is at room temperature.

Procedure: One hour prior to turning off your lights, you have the option of adding Amino acids to the tank*. (For example, 11pm Halides off, add AA’s, 12am, actinics off, then add pappone). Take off the cup of your skimmer, but leave the skimmer running (so you don’t have a massive drop in O2 levels overnight). After the lights are off, start with only a ¼ of a cube per WEEK for every 400 L of tank water (approx 100 gallons). Be sure to measure NO3 and PO4 the next morning so that these parameters don't spike after feeding. You can reduce the amount fed if you are having nutrient problems. Also don’t forget to put the skimmer cup back on the next morning before the lights go back on.

*If everything is going well. It is good to wait and see how the tank is doing for awhile before trying this. The whole point here is that you don't want to change anything too fast, because nothing good happens quickly in this hobby. (Another method to grind up amino acid pills in the next batch of food; however Bisck found that it sometimes causes diatom outbreaks in his tank).
Senest rettet af ole kekkonen lør 16. aug 2014 16:34, rettet i alt 3 gange.

ole kekkonen
Rev haj
Rev haj
Reactions:

Re: blue koral method!!!

Indlæg af ole kekkonen »

godt nok fra 2007 men han brugte bkm!
http://www.google.de/imgres?q=reefitali ... s:200,i:19

ole kekkonen
Rev haj
Rev haj
Reactions:

Indlæg af ole kekkonen »

ole kekkonen
Rev haj
Rev haj
Reactions:

Indlæg af ole kekkonen »

den omtalte tråd også endel snak om blu koral methoden deri

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthrea ... did=971190

ole kekkonen
Rev haj
Rev haj
Reactions:

Eric's "famous" coral food recipe

Indlæg af ole kekkonen »

lidt samme boldgade
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showt ... p?t=176530" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ole kekkonen
Rev haj
Rev haj
Reactions:

Indlæg af ole kekkonen »

lidt mer her
BC method by SiR:

The Blu Coral Method

Many people have the opportunity to see the magnificent tanks managed with this method and many others are interested in learning about it. The creator of this method was Maurizio Manili, who thanks to the collaboration with other passionate reefers, succeeded to bring the method to its current point. Today, the BC method was inherited from Valerio Pacetti, the owner of the actual Blu Coral shop in Rome, and ex-associate of Maurizio Manili, who as of now improved the old consolidated method with a few modifications. This article will talk about how the method functions and how to succeed in augmenting the growth of corals. First two big distinctions must be made: if you want to manage a tank by utilizing the simple “pappone” (coral food) or if you want to follow the BC method exactly to the letter. The base of both systems of management is the same and involves: the classic Berlin Method, good water chemistry, and the pappone feedings.

Classic Berlin Method:

The Berlin Method is characterized by strong lighting, strong water movement, an efficient skimmer, and live rock.

Water Chemistry:

You must give particular attention to this aspect, which leads to positive results for all types of management of the BC method. In particular, the parameters of the water are maintained in concentrations that are elevated in respect to parameters that are successful in nature: Magnesium 1500 mg/L, Calcium 500 mg/L, Strontium 16-30 mg/L, Carbonate Hardness (dkH) 12-14 mg/L, Iodine 0.06 mg/L, and nutrients near zero. This allows the corals at any moment to have the necessary materials for constructing their skeletons and therefore they have a sort of “reserve” of chemical elements.

Pappone:

This is the difference that determines the distinction between who follows the method to the letter or instead who utilizes only some parts. However in general, the pappone is identical in both of the methods, and is prepared in this way: you use mollusks that are strictly fresh. In general, you use 5 mussels, 5 clams, 5 shrimp, and 5 oysters. You put all of these into a container (no shells, just meat), then add 250 mL of RO water, then add 1 tablespoon of sugar, however some also use fructose. Then you blend everything vigorously until the whole mixture reaches the consistency of cream. At this point is the distinction between who uses the method to the letter and who instead does not. In the BC method, the pappone is enriched in respect to the original recipe, with the polypeptide hormone somatropin or GH. In general, you use about 1.33 mg of somatropin, which corresponds to the 4 unit vial. You then mix and prepare the cubes, then put them away in the freezer.

GH, what is it?

GH or Somatropin, is a human polypeptide of small dimensions, that presents a noticeably different structure in different species. It is therefore derived with an elevated biological specificity, in the sense that the GH from one species is in general completely different and therefore inactive in others; in the case of humans, the only one that has any effect is from simian GH (mainly in Rhesus monkeys). Vice-versa, human GH acts only in simians and not in non-primate organisms. The sequence of 191 amino acids is in a linear chain that carries out two fundamentally important actions in humans: the growth of the body, and the regulation of cellular metabolism, specifically that of protein synthesis. To summarize, GH does not act on other mammals, and obviously does not act on invertebrates. This is simply demonstrated by the fact that the hormone in question, in order to be utilized, requires specific receptors on the cellular membrane of the target cell on which it acts. Obviously the corals and other invertebrates do not have these correct receptors, because if they did have them, it would mean that they use GH in the same manner-- an improbable phenomenon.

The Enhanced Growth…

How are you then able to explain the enhanced growth and the increase in metabolism of the corals in conjunction with the increase in calcification?

In experience, this does happen. A few of the more skilled aquarists who utilize this method, had growth of A. Formosa, A. cervicornis, A. nobilis, Montipora sp. , up to 40cm per year. Also M. foliosa, LPS, and soft corals grew in an impressive manner.

I made up my mind about what could be happening in the water. Therefore the precise but short explanation will be following the fruits of my labor and my observations; however that does not mean that is it is the absolute truth. The explanation will be sought for in the typical structural and molecular characteristics of the GH. Being a protein that is small enough, it is very probable that the GH put in the pappone breaks up. This is the point of the discussion. It is not the integral GH that acts directly on the corals, because of the points explained above are very improbable. It likely is based on the GH being broken, which influences the growth and the increased metabolism.
At the time in which we go to feed our corals with pappone, we are in reality adding many amino acids into the water. In fact, when the protein is broken, it is split into many pieces—its amino acid constituents. Therefore the abundance of determined and specified amino acids are involved the increased rate of growth.

This is the only explanation which arose after many different observations. In this way it is effectively possible to explain, from a biological point of view, how the GH is able to influence the corals.

These amino acids that are introduced with the GH are combined with the amino acids that are usually dosed around 2 hours before the pappone feeding, in order to encourage assimilation.

The rest of the components of the pappone (mussels, clams, etc.) go to feed the bacterial cultures, the sponges, and all of the benthic organisms, which thus go to feed the corals. If you succeed in having a situation where you maximize the feeding corals, you then have the possibility of having maximum calcification, seeing that you have an abundance of nutrition and chemical components. This whole discussion obviously does not regard the fish, which are not influenced by the abundance or lack of amino acids present in water; in effect the fish have absolutely normal rates of growth.

In general, one of the aspects that characterize the Blu Coral Method is that after the system stabilizes, you have a reduction of general nutrients that remains near zero, in regards to the phosphates and the nitrates. The whole system helps the intake of amino acids. It is especially important at the beginning for everyone to find the appropriate dose of pappone to administer to the tank. A fundamental rule is to watch your animals and understand how much feeding they need.

I hope to have clarified this subject a little more, because between all methods, this is one of the best methods of managing a reef tank, whether you utilize the GH, or if you take the basics of this method without using the hormone. Good wishes to all the readers of the Magazine and see you soon!

The author of the article, the aquarists mentioned in this article, and reefitalia.net are not responsible for inappropriate use of the hormone; from a legal standpoint, by the use of whoever decides to proceed. We are also not responsible for any negative outcomes to your tank or animals.

Fabio Oggiano aka SiR
(Translated by DarkXerox)

Copyright 2007 ReefItalia.net

ole kekkonen
Rev haj
Rev haj
Reactions:

Indlæg af ole kekkonen »

Target Params:
iodine 0.06
ca 500
mg 1500
sr 30
ph 8.5
kh 12

Recipe by Maurizio
5 mussels
5 clams
5 oysters
5 shrimp
1 pill of somatropin
a spoon of fructose
250mL of RO water

Then freeze it after blending it into the consistency of milk. 1 cube a week per 800 liters of water. You have to stop the skimmer for 2 hours after this though, but leave circulation pumps on of course. However I don't know how big the cubes are, but apparently you can get 52 total. I'll check on this. But apparently the pill costs something like €80, which is crazy.

ole kekkonen
Rev haj
Rev haj
Reactions:

Eric's "famous" coral food recipe

Indlæg af ole kekkonen »

I rarely have or use all of the ingredients listed, and I don't think it will make a difference over the long term. I also use this, or a variation of it, for my homemade fish food (I leave the fish food chunker and add various algae). Basically, I either use what is left over from the last round of food-making, or I go to a few stores and get whatever they might have at the time. I feed this to the tank at night, generally, and would add that for some of the ingredients, I have no idea if they have any specific role. Its just what I have done before. I have also changed a bit with some other foods now available (since I have written this last time)

I try to get a mix of particle sizes involved to accomodate not just all sizes of polyps, but also feed other inverts that filter feed.

Fresh seafood:

Some combination of the ingredients below and it makes up a relatively small percent of the total - maybe 10-20%?

shrimp (I squeeze the heads and usually use the "meat" in the fish food)
oysters - blend well and may have Vibriostatic properties
various other shellfish (mussels, clams, periwinkles, etc. - the bloodier, the better...live is great (shucking sucks but gives a good final product)
Fish roe (sometimes available at Asian markets)

Frozen foods

This makes up perhaps 20-30% of the mix - some are from an aquarium store, some from the grocer

Artemia - adult
Artemia nauplii (baby brine shrimp) (enriched, if possible)
Mysid shrimp
Sea urchin roe
Flying fish roe

Dried Aquarium Foods

this makes up the majority of my mix - probably 40%

Golden Pearls - all sizes available, but a majority of the smallest size
Cyclop-Eze
VibraGro
Powdered marine flake

Phytoplankton

makes up maybe 2% of mix or less?

Tahitian Blend (I use DT's seperately)

Supplements

makes up maybe 2-5% of mix?

Super Selco ( a big squeeze)
Sea Green Vitamin supplements - various brands, powdered, from Whole Foods market

I have also been known to add Echinacea capsules, the skins of colorful vegetables and fruits, various pigment complexes of carotenoids, etc. and/or antioxidants from Whole Foods market.

In terms of preparation, I puree the solid seaoods, mix in the frozen ingredients, soak the dry/powdered ingredients in the wet ingredients, combine them all together and let them sit for a few hours, and then freeze them into small flats in ziplocs in the freezer. I usually wind up with about 50.00 in foods per batch and make about a gallon or so of food that lasts a couple or more months.

Brugeravatar
StarF
Rev haj
Rev haj
Reactions:
Postnummer: 9530 Støvring
Saltvand siden?: 2007
Geografisk sted: Støvring

Re: koral foder og opskrifter

Indlæg af StarF »

Jep det er en gammel opskrift med den er super god. Har selv brugt den og det får koraller og fisk til at gå helt amok. Har især kunne se mine koraller har været vilde med det. Dog fik det også mine glas roser til at gå amok

ole kekkonen
Rev haj
Rev haj
Reactions:

Indlæg af ole kekkonen »

tror jeg prøver den pappone dog uden sukker og anabolske steroider.
jeg vil også bruge flere slags hjemmelavede levende alge kulturer,hjuldyr,levende artemia naupli samt plankton

Brugeravatar
StarF
Rev haj
Rev haj
Reactions:
Postnummer: 9530 Støvring
Saltvand siden?: 2007
Geografisk sted: Støvring

Indlæg af StarF »

Min er så også vækst hormon men med amino

Besvar