"MÅNEDENS AKVARIE" Se denne måneds akvarie HER.

Breaking news.

Forum for generel snak omkring saltvand.
Besvar
Brugeravatar
crazy seahorse
Reactions:
Postnummer: 3660 Stenløse
Saltvand siden?: 2005
Geografisk sted: Ganløse

Breaking news.

Indlæg af crazy seahorse »

Kære alle.

Så er der endelig lidt godt nyt for Great Barrier Reef.
Nu må vi så se hvilke krumspring de så kan komme op med. Men ind til videre - en lille (stor) sejr.

Alle der ønsker at medvirke til, at påvirke processen for at redde verdens største koralrev fra dette ødelæggende mineprojekt, kan skrive/sende deres mail til mig.
Så vil jeg videresende denne mail, hvor der er muligheder for at deltage, blot ved et tryk og udfyldelse af et færdigt klageskrift.
Den er givet vis også at finde på FB.

Her er den mail jeg lige har fået.

Dear Erik,
I have great news to share with you.
The Federal Court has just said that the Reef-wrecking Carmichael megamine should not have been given the go-ahead and has overturned the approval!
Thanks to our friends at Mackay Conservation Group, their legal challenge flushed out all sorts of inaccuracies around the mine's use of water, super inflated job promises, and highlighted massive environmental impacts. Today the court ruled in their favour.
This is a huge blow for the project, and Greg Hunt must decide what to do next. Now’s our chance to tell Minister Hunt to ditch the mine once and for all!
TAKE ACTION

This project is on a road to nowhere. In the last few months, two major contractors and another four engineering firms had their work suspended, 11 international banks have said they won't fund the project, and Queensland Treasury officials have called the project "unbankable".
It doesn’t make any sense environmentally or financially, so let’s put it to bed. Tell Environment Minister Greg Hunt he has a second chance to do the right thing and ditch Carmichael today.
The proposed mine would be Australia’s largest - it would devastate the Great Barrier Reef and be a catastrophe for our climate. All of this for an industry that is a sinking ship - the price of coal is plummeting and the world is moving on from fossil fuels.
This is a defining moment for the campaign to save our Reef. We can’t let it slip away.
Can you call on Greg Hunt to consign this massive mine to the history books?
Thanks for all that you do,
Nikola Casule
Climate and Energy Campaigner
Greenpeace Australia Pacific
PS: Together, we’ve helped ban dumping in the waters of the Reef and convinced UNESCO that the government’s lobbying isn’t enough to save the Reef. This could be the final hurdle in a long journey to secure the Reef’s health - please take action now.
"Most of the failures with marine aquaria are due to lack of knowledge of the biological processes that occur in the aquarium." Martin A Moe Jr.

Mit akvarie: viewtopic.php?f=138&t=56762" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brugeravatar
nbd
Rev haj
Rev haj
Reactions:
Postnummer: 6000 Kolding
Saltvand siden?: 1988
Geografisk sted: Kolding

Re: Breaking news.

Indlæg af nbd »

Der er lidt mere info her: http://www.theguardian.com/australia-ne ... eral-court" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes laves på en blanding af hardwood charcoal and mineral carbon. Deres hjemmeside hævder, at "The mineral carbon is made by carbonising brown coal sourced from the La Trobe Valley near Melbourne, Australia". Jeg hepper på kulminer i Australien så jeg også fremover kan grille en f.eks. en juleand vha. Heat Beads - så må revet komme i anden række :T

Men det er glædeligt, at minedriften begrænses. Det var også et stort emne da jeg boede i Sydney, dengang Tony Abbot vandt valget. Hn har en meget forstokket holdning til klima og miljø :(
Brugeravatar
crazy seahorse
Reactions:
Postnummer: 3660 Stenløse
Saltvand siden?: 2005
Geografisk sted: Ganløse

Re: Breaking news.

Indlæg af crazy seahorse »

Lidt mere glædeligt nyt i den Australske "minegate" der vil have ødelæggende effekt for GBR, hvis det føres ud i livet.

Dear Erik,
What a week! Moments after I emailed you on Wednesday to share great news about the Reef, another massive announcement broke.
The Commonwealth Bank - Australia’s biggest bank - has pulled the plug on financing the Reef-wrecking Carmichael mine!
Every one of us helped make this happen. CommBank were the only Aussie bank so far who was involved with this project. We were gearing up to take them on, and they knew we would win. Now, they’ve chosen coral, not coal.
This project is dead in the water, and Environment Minister Greg Hunt is the only one left trying to keep it afloat. It’s unbankable, unprofitable and unconscionable. Tell Minister Hunt to get with the times and ditch this mine.
DITCH THE MINE, GREG!
This is another huge blow for a project on the rocks. Earlier this week, the Federal Court overturned the Environment Minister’s dodgy approval of the mine due to failure to properly consider the impacts (1). In the last few months, two major contractors and four engineering firms have had their work suspended, and Queensland Treasury has called the project “unbankable”.
Now, Australia’s biggest bank joins the 11 international banks who won’t fund this controversial project (2).
Let’s use this moment and up the pressure on Greg Hunt to ditch the mine today. Send a message today.
This victory is a testament to people power. Tens of thousands of us across Australia pressured CommBank to choose coral, not coal. Millions of people from around the world have taken action to save the Great Barrier Reef. We sent emails and mobilised the community, and CommBank listened.
We’ve made huge progress and the future is looking closer to Great for our Barrier Reef. But it’s not over yet. We have to turn up the heat on Greg Hunt and get him to urgently dump the mine once and for all. Now’s his best chance to show us he really is the Minister for the Environment.
Keep up the amazing work,
Nikola Casule
Climate and Energy Campaigner
Greenpeace Australia Pacific
P.S. It’s not very often we get to celebrate two wins in one week! Australia’s biggest bank has committed to not fund Reef destruction, and the Federal Court has overturned the approval for the Carmichael mine. We are so, so close to saving the world’s greatest Reef from reckless coal expansion. Let’s not let this moment slip away. Send an urgent message and tell Greg Hunt to dump this mine today.
(1) Greg Hunt, do the right thing and ditch Carmichael, Greenpeace Australia Pacific, 5 August 2015.
(2) Adani and Commonwealth Bank part ways, casting further doubt on Carmichael coal project, Sydney Morning Herald, 5 August 2015.

Erik
"Most of the failures with marine aquaria are due to lack of knowledge of the biological processes that occur in the aquarium." Martin A Moe Jr.

Mit akvarie: viewtopic.php?f=138&t=56762" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Besvar

Tilbage til "Generel saltvandssnak"